Are you facing challenges in delivering emails to Gmail Inbox?
Gmail has been constantly concentrating on improving their filtering process to give their users, the most pleasant and relevant experience. And this time, they have been smartly working hard behind the inbox delivery scenes. So, are the changes becoming a hurdle for you to achieve consistent inbox placement?
How do you, as an email marketer, take your journey ahead?
Implement these best practices, to build higher reputation in the eye of Gmail and rightly deliver emails to the inbox:
● Ensure email authentication: Gmail identifies sender on the basis of IP address consistency maintained by the brand. To have the emails authenticated, marketers must maintain the same sender domain for all users and have live domain that includes the brandâs website.
✔ firstname.lastname@example.org (website: www.shopcore.com)
● Personalise your email content: Gmail not only identifies the domain and IP address, but is smart enough to read the body content, your email creative includes. Comes in, âContentâ which plays a crucial role in the delivery scene. Gmailâs artificial intelligence constantly keeps a check on the content; whether itâs relevant to the user, liked by the user or simply not interesting for them, based on their activity (opens, clicks).
To maintain high reputation, your emails should have personalised and relevant content (subject lines and mail copy), also ensuring you have the right header and footer in the creative you send. Also, do not forget to host your images on the right website.
● Focus on engagement: Engagement needs to be a critical part of your strategy in order to consistently make it to the Gmail inbox. The subscriber engagement rates decide your reputation. Your major focus should be engaging and retaining your active subscribers, through personalised and reply-based campaigns, as active subscribers play a role in elevating your reputation. For in-active subscribers, you must schedule campaigns with exclusive content at lesser frequency intervals. Social media platforms, Google customer match, sms, etc. should be used to reactivate dormant subscribers.
● Sign up for Gmail's Postmaster Tools: This is something you need to implement right at the moment. It helps you measure your email performance metrics on parameters such as reputation, spam rate, feedback loopâ¦ directly from Gmail. High volume senders can get a visibility into key metrics that help them improve the quality of email campaigns, troubleshoot deliverability hiccups and identify root causes of deliverability difficulties.
● Keep a check on your affiliate partners: Be careful while you rely on affiliate partners for your email marketing campaigns. Ensure the database used by your affiliate partners, is opt-in and they help you do most of no-spam campaigns. Bid bye to your partners, if their domain/ IP address has a low or bad reputation. Say NO to Purchase lists.
Gmail will continue to evolve their filtering algorithm. This isnât a one-time show. Remember, Gmail aims at providing the best experience to their end users. Itâs not about your latest news or exclusive offer; itâs about your subscribers. Staying up to their expectations, building engagement with your brand - designing your email strategy following the best practices, is the key to land your emails right into the subscribers Gmail inbox.
So, are you still trying your luck on delivering mails to Gmail inbox? Why not go the strategic way, instead?
Watch our webinar presented by Netcore CEO, Mr. Kalpit Jain on best practices of email marketing that helps you to optimize your email marketing program and achieve better results with Gmail.
- App Engagement
- App Push Notifications
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Campaign Management
- Email Marketing
- Email Security
- Growth Marketing
- In-App Messages
- Marketing Automation
- Mobile Marketing
- Powering Smart Conversations
- Product Update
- Push Notifications
- Tech startups
- Web Engagement