Conversational Marketing 101: How Chatbots help Improve Customer Engagement
When it comes to customer experience, a business can never do too much. In the digital world, marketers understand that the best customer experiences are created through interactive platforms and personalised messages.
Chatbots provide a way for you to do this and more. Just as you automate and personalise your marketing messages, you can now do the same with your customer interactions through the most loved medium of digital communication - Chat Applications! Loyal customers grow businesses and there is no better way to create loyalty than by providing a customised experience to every shopper.
Chatbots (also known as virtual assistants) are chat based software that can have a conversation with a human using pre-programmed messages. Advanced chatbots, such as NIVA, use AI to understand complex requests, personalise responses, and improve communication based on historical interactions, over time.
If you think the end result sounds robotic and impersonal, you’re wrong!
Download our comprehensive guide for winning the marketing battle in 2018, bringing together result-focused Martech trends combined with immediately actionable use cases.
By implementing Chatbots your business is guaranteed to experience multiple benefits:
1. Improve Customer Service Efficiency
Many organisations invest their time in crafting FAQs, but who actually reads them? No customer service personnel likes to be asked the same question 100 times a day. Would it not be better if your customer service personnel talks to people who actually want to buy?
In this regard, chatbots can help you:
- Solve recurring issues or service-related problems
- Prevent escalations through preventive interactions
- Help prospects make buying decisions
- Provide answers to FAQs in a more interactive manner
- Eliminate the need to bog down human agents with frequently asked questions
According to a case study by NextIT, Amtrak, a North American based transport company uses Chatbots to answer 5 million questions annually
Numbers that Matter
- 800% ROI
- Increased bookings by 25%
- Saved $1,000,000 in customer service expenses in a single year
- Over 5,000,000 questions answered every year
- Bookings through chatbots generate 30% more revenue
2. Improve your Customer Experience
Save your customers from cluttered inboxes, long web forms, and wasted time spent sifting through your website for information related to their needs.
Moreover, your customers can now interact with chatbots on desktop, laptops, tablets, smartphones, websites, and mobile apps. Chatbots provide a service to your organization which is a combination of marketing communications, customer service, and transaction processing.
Instead of interpreting analytics to have an understanding of what your customers want, which can often involve guesswork, why not use the insights from customer interactions to improve your business service and provide new upsell and cross-sell opportunities?
The banking industry can benefit a great deal by employing chatbots given the quantum and diversity of customers attempting to interact with customer service executives on a daily basis.
You don’t want to leave your customers with a bitter taste in their mouths at the end of the day, do you?
3. Supercharge your Lead Generation and Content Marketing
Digital Marketing has gone beyond lead generation through web forms. The truth is that the world is faster and your customers need quicker ways to make buying decisions. They need their pre-purchase questions answered immediately.
As chatbots work, they learn details about their users and their questions. This valuable data can be used to create content specific to the needs of your audience. Chatbots can eliminate the guesswork and research in content marketing strategies. You can now build your content around the questions asked by your customers that cannot be handled by the chatbot.
RapidMiner, a data science-centric software company, realised there had to be a more effective way of capturing leads. They chose to replace lead capturing forms with chatbots, a strategic move that produced phenomenal results.
Numbers that Matter:
- 4,000 leads generated by chatbot
- 25% of the sales pipeline was influenced by chatbots
Now that we’ve seen the multiple advantages chatbots can bring to your business, let’s look at some other versatile use cases that chatbots can help with:
- A takeaway restaurant allowing customers to order from a chatbot, either in the store or at home
- A sit down restaurant allowing customers to order food from their table using a chatbot
- A retail store offering promotions for customers in the shopping mall via the chatbot
- A marketing campaign that asks customers questions or allows them to play a game using a chatbot
- A chatbot that helps customers make ecommerce purchases
- A chatbot that allows customers to book flights and receive relevant information when they are in the airport.
- Chatbots with advanced AI provide site visitors with a “self-service” option.
Their infinite capacity help free up your employees and scale your organisation’s efforts. Whether you use chatbots for customer service, sales, or something else, the power of AI ensures that your human resources are only used when they’re needed, and that your organisation continues to embrace conversational marketing in the most intuitive and personalised way possible.
To learn more about how you can leverage chatbots to elevate customer experiences, schedule a demo today!
Chukuwudi is a Marketing Technologist at Netcore. WSI certified in SEO, Google Analytics, Social Media, he has 11 Years of experience in Digital marketing and Programming. He has handled over 80+ Web and digital marketing projects, and is a member of Canada’s Association of IT Professionals.
- App Engagement
- App Push Notifications
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Campaign Management
- Email Marketing
- Email Security
- Growth Marketing
- In-App Messages
- Marketing Automation
- Mobile Marketing
- Powering Smart Conversations
- Product Update
- Push Notifications
- SMS Marketing
- Tech startups
- Web Engagement